Connecticut (CT) Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prasad Sureddi
Dr. Prasad Sureddi specializes in plastic & reconstructive surgery in the Waterbury, Connecticut (CT) area.
After completing his undergraduate studies at Osmania University in India, Dr. Sureddi served his internship at Waterbury Hospital in Waterbury and general residency at the Hospital of St. Raphael in New Haven, Connecticut, an affiliate hospital of Yale University.
His residency in general surgery was completed at Hospital of St. Raphael from 1979 to 1983. During his last year there, he was appointed Chief Resident. Dr. Sureddi then entered the residency program in plastic surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, in 1984 and completed the program as Chief Resident in 1987. He returned to Waterbury in 1987 and established a private practice in plastic & reconstructive surgery.
Along with his many medical affiliations, Dr. Sureddi served on the Microsurgery Consulting Medical Staff at the Shrine Burn Institute for Crippled Children. He also served a post-doctoral fellowship in the Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery of Yale University during 1983 to 1984.
He has been elected Chief of the Plastic Surgery Department of Waterbury and St. Mary’s Hospitals numerous times. He is a past President of the Waterbury Medical Association, The New Haven County Medical Association and the Conn. Plastic Surgery Society.
Dr. Sureddi has presented papers on various aspects of plastic surgery nationally and internationally.
Dr. Sureddi is a member/affiliate of the following:
- American Medical Association
- Connecticut State Medical Association
- New Haven County Medical Association
- Waterbury Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Connecticut Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- New England Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery, Inc.